Community Storytelling & Technology!
This is a 12 hour hack day focused on storytelling and how we evolve and enhance our stories using technology.
Our goal is for attendees to have a fun learning environment to experiment with new technologies and work with new people outside of their jobs and school.
There will be 4 awards, or the 4 cups, which will be judged on things like design, innovation, story telling/presentation, and focus on the user.
Our featured event charity (extra cash will go to them!) is Good St.
Available Loaner Hardware:
- Amazon Echo (12)
- Oculus DK2 (5)
Some Project Examples:
1. Mad libs or choose your own adventure with Amazon Alexa.
2. Podcast recommendation engine based on community specific criteria
3. Tool for visualizing a map of pictures from members of a specific community
4. VR / unity app for turning the space around you into a virtual museum where you can interact with video/audio content
5. Tool for sharing your favorite #hack4good efforts and encouraging community participation
6. Tell the story of a community you care about and incorporate a technology hack as part of the presentation
7. Whatever you can think of!
We want to thank our current sponsors: New York Code + Design Academy, Amazon Alexa, NYU Media Research Lab for providing us with technology and space.
We also want to thank our partners: Tech Tribe & NY Jewish Tech Meetup for helping us run put on / promote this event.
$1,764 in prizes
Amazon Echo - Elijah Cup Winner
Amazon Echo devices are awarded to the top winner of Hack Over Passover who excelled in storytelling, design, technical execution and community value overall.
Popup Archive 1-year Subscription
Pop Up Archive 1-Year Subscriptions are awarded to the top winner of Hack Over Passover who excelled in storytelling, design, technical execution and community value overall.
Charity Prize - Good St Sign Ups
Subscription to Good Street for a month for you and a friend.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
- Participants: Individuals (18 or over, minors w/ parental consent), Teams of four or fewer.
Your project should:
- Use technology to enhance the way community stories are shared and remembered
- Be creative
- Be valuable to the end user or target community
How to enter
Grab a ticket at: https://hackoverpassover.splashthat.com
Code of Conduct: http://hackcodeofconduct.org/hackoverpassover2016
New York Code and Design Academy
Community Value Cup